Bed bugs can be visible to the naked eye, but are rarely seen in well-lit areas. This is because they are used to being active in dark and damp places. Bedbugs are usually active during the nighttime hours, especially before sunrise.
During the daytime, bedbugs find dark places to hide because they are instinctively afraid of light. There are many places where bed bugs can hide so long as it is an area where little to no light is present.
So where do bed bugs hide?
· Many bedbugs can be found in the creases or crevices of furniture.
· The plastic corners of a box spring
· Your mattresses’ edges
· The holes in your mattress
· Behind the headboards
· In your sofa along the creases and seams
· Luggage and even books
· Behind photos and paintings that hang on the walls.
· Bedbugs can also live in furniture that would be discarded or abandoned outdoors.
· Furniture that is wet from precipitation is an ideal hiding place for bed bugs since they like damp places.
· Because of their small flat bodies, bed bugs can be found in even the tiniest places of your home like electrical wall sockets and cracks in the wall.
The best way to get rid of bed bugs is to use a professional exterminator. Experienced exterminators know where bed bugs hide and will perform an “inspection” to verify that bed bugs are present. While some extermination services can be expensive, it is perhaps the only way to ensure that your residence will be free from bedbug infestation. One pair of bed bugs can become ten thousand (10,000) in only four months, so don’t delay having them exterminated.
Some household chemicals can also be used to kill bedbugs, but can cause adverse health effects if used incorrectly. The key to getting rid of these bugs is to know where they are hiding. If you are having difficulty locating any of them, consider hiring a K9 dog specifically trained to sniff out insects such as bedbugs. Perhaps the most effective approach is to have a dog pinpoint all the hiding places, so they can be properly treated for good.
Bed bugs are professionals when it comes to finding a hiding place. When spotted, they move fast. It is better to catch them quickly when in a dark place with a flashlight. While it may not be desirable to be up at this time of day, the peak activity time for them is during the pre-dawn hours.
If you have bed bugs and need an low cost bed bug exterminator in New York City, then please click here!
For more facts and information about bed bugs please visit: Bed Bug Control Center – NYC Specialists